Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Peace

>> Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Hi Everyone,

Today's card share is based on my personal color preference when buying my poinsettias for the Christmas season. I always lean towards the pink, maroon and cream ones, rather than the bright red. It's all about trying to match my home decor :)

I started with the Poinsettia Vine Corner stamp and made a little frame by stamping it twice.  Inside I used the sentiment portion from the Three Wisemen Peace stamp and then colored it in using my Copic markers.  I die cut it using the curved rectangle dies and added a bit of sponging and glitter to the berries.


I embossed the background with large snowflakes and wrapped a ribbon around it to mimic a gift.  I adhered the sentiment to the center and finished it with a die cut frame and flowers with gem centers. 

I don't think I could name a better gift to give our world, than peace on earth!  It's my heart's desire for sure.  

May there be peace in your little corner of the world today :)

Karin

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Pink and brown is a wonderful combination and it looks awesome on this lovely card. I love the layers and details and gorgeous flowers. Wonderfully done!!!!

Sue said...

Love this card Karin!! Great job stamping the poinsettia vine so close together to make the small rectangle - and the peace on earth fits it perfectly!! Also love that die cut frame - it adds so much without hiding the ribbon (I just may have to steal that idea)!

nwilliams6 said...

So now I look at this card again, Karin, and I see it was pink and burgundy and not pink and brown. Still love the combination. Forgive me - I had only had a few hours of sleep when I commented - lol. Still love this pretty card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh those colors are pretty Karin! I love pink with burgundy. Wonderful frame and poinsettia as well. So pretty!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP