Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Spring Birthdays

>> Monday, March 20, 2017

Hi Everyone! Spring is here. And after the winter snow storms last week I'm pretty sure most everyone is ready for spring. I know I am!! My family has several spring birthdays so I've been working on some birthday cards.

I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire that inspired me. She used a bunch of different greetings to stamp a background on her cards. I took just about every DRS Designs Birthday greeting I could find, arranged them on a piece of CS (in my Misti, of course) and then stamped them with VersaMark ink and embossed them with clear and white EP. I made several of these while I had all the greetings arranged in the Misti. Here are a couple of examples with white embossing:


                                       

Once the embossing cooled, I die cut a circle in the card base with Nesties as well as a white frame. Once the frame was glued into place, I added the die cut butterfly. I used a Faber-Castel Pitt Pen to add some white dots to the butterflies.

For a more masculine look, I embossed in clear and added a sail boat.

The sail boat was created with a Darice die and some yellow and blue inks sponged on while still in the die.

These were fun to create and pretty easy with the Misti. And now I have quite a stash of birthday cards for family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by today,
shelia




6 comments:

Karin said...

These colors are so bright and cheerful and this background technique is super cool! Great layout too...I love that you added different images to the little window. So cute!

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute birthday cards Shelia, I love the fun colors and love the little boat in the last one!! Darling cards for most anyone!

Janett said...

This is a great background love all your cards the colors are wonderful.

Sue said...

How fun are these??? What great backgrounds Shelia! I love the variety and how you made the masculine one too!

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, some great stamping here and this is a super idea! I see why you did three - they look so good! Thanks for sharing - I need to go find wherever I stuck my MISTI and try this! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are all so bright & cheerful! Love how you made each one different by just changing the color or little image in the circle. Super cards, Shelia!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP