Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Christmas Fun

>> Thursday, December 1, 2016

Welcome!

I have a fun card to share with you today.

I started with one of our new Christmas designs 1054H, which normally looks like this -



Since I hadn't added any EZ Mount cushion, I trimmed it realllly close and attached it to my acrylic block like this...


then I was able to stamp it twice, so the openings were facing each other.  I used markers to color the lights, then layered it on some red card stock.
I stamped my curved lights again as a background on my black paper using white pigment ink, which I colored using pencils.


To finish my card I wrapped the black layer with some red, silver and green wire I picked up at a dollar store recently and once it was all attached it was still missing something so I wrapped more wire around the small end of a paint brush and a toothpick to create my "springs" and attached them with a small red bow.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Sue

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

What a great idea!!! I love that! I now HAVE to try it to. Very cute card Sue!!! You genius you!

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome idea!! It would have taken me ages to figure this out and now I want to try it too! Darling card and super festive. Hugz

Karin said...

That is super clever! A great card and I love those curly cues!

Shelia said...

Fabulous card, Sue! Love how you used this image & the wire twists are the perfect embellishments!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So clever, Sue! I quit putting my stamps on foam just so I could bend them any way I wanted. The light string makes a wonderful frame for the greeting & I love the spiral thingies w/ the bow.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP