Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ahhhh, to get away from it all....

>> Wednesday, January 9, 2013

 Welcome!

  As we all slowly get back to normal, I was able to take an evening and forget about cleaning and putting away the Christmas decorations and just relax and stamp.  A well deserved break too!  Sadly, the work was waiting for me when I was finished stamping :(  How nice would it be to escape to someplace like this....

  The first card I made on my break was this quick and easy - yet colorful card.  I stamped our new Silhouette Majestic Pines on white card stock using black pigment ink and heat embossed it using clear powder.  After I trimmed it fairly close I made a mask for the bottom so I could separate my reds and greens.  I sponged on yellow, orange and red dye inks (I did finish coloring the sun using a marker) on the top section and then used the top portion of the mask to add the greens on the bottom.

For the Possibility of a Miracle sentiment, I stamped it in 2 portions using clear ink and embossed using white embossing powder.  The middle was looking a little empty, so I cut down 2 pieces of black card stock and after distressing the edges, I gently tapped the edges on a white stamp pad.

This was one of those nice cards that came together just like I though it would :)  It was nice that my first card of the new year went easy - do you think it could be an omen???  May the stamping gods be good to me this year!

I hope you all pop back in tomorrow to see the winner of our current challenge - torn paper (you still have time to enter!!)  and see what we have in store for you in the new challenge!

Happy Stamping!
Sue

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Sue, I really like the background you created for this. Your sky and ground look amazing! I also like the subtle white sponging on those black panels. Very pretty card!!

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome job with all the sponging! The colors look great against the black background!

Karin said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the color of the sky and the simple distressed panels in the background are the perfect bit of texture!

Samantha said...

What a beautiful card, Sue! The black on black layering is awesome!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is one fabulous card, Sue! You totally rocked those images and the colors are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Such a fab scene and love the matting and white sentiment.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP