Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Dogwood Sympathy

>> Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Is it wrong to enjoy making sympathy cards?  Or just strange?  I'm not sure why, but I find it very soothing.  Maybe because I'm working with more muted colors, flowers and keeping it relatively simple.

I'm fortunate to be able to say I wasn't in need of a sympathy card lately, but I do like to keep some on hand.  
My card today was a simple one to make.  I stamped our Dogwood Branch using gold pigment ink and embossed it using gold embossing powder.  I used a white gel pen to go around the inside of each petal.  I stamped our Many Hearts Sentiment using vintage green ink and layered both on eggplant cs.




Now to move on to happier subjects - Have you joined in on the FUN this week for our Challenge?  WHEELS are the name of the game, and a little trickier than some challenges, but come on and join us! It isn't too late! If you do not have a "WHEEL" stamp make your own!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Janett said...

Beautiful card Sue, I love the background that you created.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Sue! Love the gold embossing. Such a lovely sympathy card.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love how you embossed the blossoms.

Jennifer E. said...

The white accents along the gold embossing is so pretty. This is a really nice sympathy card!

Karin said...

This card is just stunning Chris! The little white hightlight really compliments the gold embossing. I think it's great to make these to have on hand for when it's needed. Sometimes it's a hard card to make when you're grieving.

Shelia said...

This is such a beautiful sympathy card! Love the gold embossing with the white highlighting - makes a stunning background!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP